Wednesday 8 October 2014

Discernment is a very fine, close cousin to Intuition…

The Western Cape Spring brings even more magic than usual, Proteas, Pincushions, a million pink, yellow, tiny purple faces opening to the day. I have a particular gnarled squat tree that I head up to go and sit beside, when called to do so. I had not been for a while but was eyeing the huge Pincushion bushes  on route to it… so out of a desire to see one of my favourite Protea types, I headed up. It’s a lovely meandering narrow walk, and I am so aware that  the rock and sand I tread upon was under the ocean millions of years ago. 



The rock formations here show the water erosion well… As I got closer, I could feel the frown of puzzlement forming on my brow. It was NOT a Pincushion bush! I would have sworn it was when I looked at it from afar… no less beautiful though…

Another incident -

A few days ago I was meandering to a deli In Kommetjie (10km away from me, no shops in my town for eggs and other goodies!) when I spotted a Porcupine quill in the road! Porcupine is one of my animal totems, so I slowed down, pulled over and went to retrieve it. It was a beautiful striped stick! Not what I thought it was…

Now these two incidences added to what I had been thinking about for some time, around peoples posts on Social Media sites. My eyebrows are raised at what is seen to be true, “photoshopped true” , mass hysteria “ true”… etc…

Discernment is a very fine close cousin to Intuition…

Just because something has been presented and mass shared, liked, angry shared, outrage shared – does not mean it is necessarily REAL…

Use this fine tool Beautiful Shining Ones… Do not lose yourself in hysteria, or amazement. Rather look up from your screen, take a walk outside and rather be fooled by mother natures cleverness. This is true…


No comments:

Post a Comment