Tuesday 13 August 2013

I honour the glimmer of your Bright soul and wish you ease…

I am ashamed to say that I have sometimes not had eyes that really see… Most of you who read this blog know the love that I have of this Planet. But I see that my love has not really extended fully into the compassion of the expression that we as humans make. I took to the streets in Woodstock a few days ago, armed with my cell phone camera intent on capturing what I have seen of late.

No matter where we are, we will attempt to re create something beautiful to rest our eyes upon. The back streets of Woodstock are crammed and narrow, but oh the murals on the walls are something to behold… some fierce eyes and souls have painted expressions of love, fear, pain and trees. And the buildings, I leaned into them and felt the life within them. I was transported back to another piece of writing that I penned a few years back when I was wandering through Addis Abeba…

“Addis Abeba is crumbling, it crumbles from the pavements to the buildings. As if when a building goes up it should grow its own arms to clean the windows and keep things neat. I have compassion for the buildings, everything has a vibration, we are all made of the same material. You have stardust in your veins as much as the buildings. So here you have me honoring the buildings souls. And in this vision I see the people that built them with the crazy puzzle scaffolding - then their dna has dropped onto the bricks with their sweat. So they are connected and part of them is connected... it gets bigger does it not when you live with the knowledge that are all one…”

Crumbling Cape Town is no less different. I honour the one’s who have their homes in the mud of winter, the thin sheet of steel that separates them from the wild rains. I honour the glimmer of your Bright soul and wish you ease…





No comments:

Post a Comment