Friday 22 February 2013

Summers Sighs


Summer sighed her lovers warm breath, Autumns cool hands stroked the land softly

A mist surrounded me, muffled steps, softness of morning. Jewels hang on the tall grass. I come to my God Bend, and cannot see the ocean as the soft blanket of mist moves. I feel the shift, Summer is leaving. And why I have tears at her warm breath going is something that I need to see deeper. Perhaps it’s the carefree nature of the rambunctious summer, yet she is also a full woman with her fruits being harvested. Grapes, dripping plums, nectarines bursting, passion fruit juice tantalising, melons bounty, apricots tart… and all this will become Winter, jams spread,  sugared preserves, chunks of summer when the land lies dark, wine at the fireside reminding us that All can be remembered and savoured if we know how to keep it.

I love this… the seasons turning. No abruptness to it and gradual entering of change, really the way we should approach life. The softness that I recognise entering coolly, and the blessed rains that come to feed the land soon. But it’s not done yet, this warm lover will still linger. My senses have just felt that imperceptible shift that if you really tune in – knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment