Friday 26 April 2013

This breath my last, this heartbeat my last – of this very moment


This breath my last, this heartbeat my last – of this very moment 

We are always saying goodbye are we not? Each breath we take will never be taken again, each heartbeat the last, for that moment. Each tick of the day never to be revisited in this awareness. Either this will send us into a panic or it will allow to you to softly drop into gratitude for every breath taken and every footstep walked. Kind of creates a new awareness does it not?

I will do this for a little while I know, be so aware as I am today. I will look at the sky and know that I will never see it the same… this awareness began forming last night, as I sat in a Powerspot in the fynbos, the dune sand softly beneath me. The silhouette of the grasses, milkwoods silent partners, in the moon watch. I dropped into a deep meditation. My ancestors a long line, farmers, millers, military men, chefs, herbalists, healers… everything that they were/are beats in my blood.

And they too silently stood and watched Earth brush Moon with her shadows breath. Breathing their last moments there, then, at a different sky. 

2 comments:

  1. And in each cycle of closure, the end of that season and the opening chorus of a fresh season. The seed dies to give forth life and birth a new hope - the dna of its own essence carried forward, reborn in strength again. A song bursting to reinforce that which has always been...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words... Om Shanti Om

    ReplyDelete