Friday 17 May 2013

That I would rise and leave this house one day, I wonder if I will thank it as much as I feel right now…



Soft form of mine, housing something so much bigger…

I thought of the enormity of the choice that I made. To return to this soft form, this house. To return to the ravaging emotions, the pain, joy, love and before I could remember that I have come to do something, my form has changed… child hood seems such blur and an unawareness of body. And my adult hood… somewhere I lost track of an awareness, and came too in my early 30’s. I have a body, a shape, a temple to love and cherish. And so I began loving myself.

Consciously, I have done this. I say it unashamedly, I love this shape. And now as the years start creeping onto my face… I look at my naked form in the mirror, hollows beneath my ribs, still will always have a soft mound of a belly. Stretch marks faint from the children I bore. Breasts heavy, belly button deep. I stretch, flex my arms, biceps strong, still there. My favourite part of myself is the way my breasts curve into my arm and the muscle elegantly joining my arm, and I look at the aging face staring back at me. Somehow the rest of me seems to have failed to catch up, no lines – only a little softer, a little blurred. My hip bones not so prominent, just there for me to know.

Oh shape of mine, thank you… I pay benediction to myself often. I bless my feet that have carried me strongly, my legs fine pillars moving in my life’s rhythms. Every inch of me is thanked for its function, creamed, oiled and blessed. I am grateful. Thank you dear soft form of mine for housing something that is so much bigger than what I see and feel. The enormity and humbleness I feel for this, makes me weep…

That I would rise and leave this house one day, I wonder if I will thank it as much as I feel right now…

No comments:

Post a Comment