Tuesday 4 June 2013

New Moon descent, through Persephone’s gate, pomegranates long seeded, my return always my choice

New Moon descent, through Persephone’s gate, pomegranates long seeded, my return always my choice

I am very aware of the moon phases, my journey into alternative ancient ways of thinking began with Wicca as a teen. And the deep instinct of a Woman to follow her 28 days of fruitfulness or not is deeply followed. The twist that I have always had, is that it’s on the waning of the moon, as she becomes darker that I, in my own cycle am the most creative.

I have this urge to paint, sing, dance and be OTHER when the moon changes her showing face from a bowl, to a fingernail to nothing at all. This is when I shift, don ravens cloak, feel the shift of wings on my back or slide into serpents close hugging of the earth’s skin. This is when a cave of dampness with one candle and a few fruits would suffice… I drop, drop, drop into deep meditation and visit spaces that I only know of. Where I know of Samadhi, feel my energy rising subtly, chakras ablaze, certain that if mortal eyes saw me they would see nothing but colour before an alter.


The artefacts that I collect shift with me, tortoise shell, seal skull and teeth, baboons jaw, porcupine quills. Left – over’s, shadows of former beings that walked. This is what I happily descend into with some measure of excitement. Shadow, mine. Is the place where I work deep, where no light other than inner can be seen to dimly find my way into my own psyche. I revel in the music of my heartbeat, soft inhalation of lungs, occasionally feel as if I am about to rise up, a wreathe of incense, coiling with my face. Oh moon when you hide your face, I dance into the shadow with you. This is when I plant my seeds, to reap all my fruits as you slowly show your full beauty again….

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Tass - love this - samadhi - create away...........................................

    ReplyDelete