Saturday 15 December 2012

I Am Me

"I am me, when I go, I will leave something unique that will never be repeated. My history, my particular inflections, words only I own. Memories, likes, a particular way of seeing things. I carry a Universe within that only I know of. And I love it, I Am who I Am."

Early evening in Cape Town is magic. The sun sets late, leaving plenty of day to still see and enjoy. My dogs were restless for a walk, so I headed off into the bushes with them. Pepper Anne had the finest moment of excitement in her life when she came across a Tortoise. Her hair raised, she barked and could have screamed like a girl if she could when it RAN away peeing a trail of delight for her to sniff at. I love the Tortoise, I even have a wooden one that my parents bought on a trip 40 years ago to Zimbabwe. 

A word came to mind, Torta-baby, a face inflection followed - lips compressed like a Tortoise. I laughed, I had not thought this name that I bestowed on this being when I was little for ages. Following this came a whole string of things that are uniquely me. I have eyes that see, should you ever walk with me on the beach, know it will be a long walk even though the distance might be short. I stop, I look. I pick up shells, I see bird shapes in rocks, delight in small creatures. I see - I really do. With my Soul I See. The creation all round me delights me so much I could dance! This is me. There will be no other me...

And there are you reading this, so unique and beautiful that I get goosebumps writing this. I love me and you would do well to love you too...

No comments:

Post a Comment