Thursday 20 December 2012

Seasonless Woman



“I Am a Seasonless Woman”

The wind blustered around me, and I squinted ahead in the lowering sun. Fields of grass bowed and swayed to the music they hear in the wind. I could feel the crackle of dry sand, the rustle of the bushes that joined in the dancing that the whole world was doing. Hindsight says I should have whirled and bowed as well!

I began thinking of all the people in the world who consistently complain about what the weather is like today. I have always thought this an empty practice, might as well complain that your heart is beating. 

Every season is divine to me, and everything that happens around me is relished in full. I love winter in its wetness, the softness that blankets with the rain. Stormy wild weather is my best. I have been known to head into this to watch the wild ocean tossing in joy of being swung about so.

Hot days that leave a particular sweat trail on my forehead and between my breasts. The smell of a hot body has it own particular eroticism. How about the misty mornings that are a secret place? I stood a few mornings ago watching a bank of mist approach the little town in the distance and felt the mystery. I was seized with such a feeling of knowing that I had witnessed this some other lifetime with equal glee. 

I love this planet that turns, and I love that I can dance like a child, weep as a mother and sometimes I have a particular wisdom in my Ocean Eyes that see. Virgin, Mother and Crone all there in a breath... Truly I can claim that I Am a Seasonless Woman.

So think of this next time you sigh at the washing threatening to fly off into the neighbors garden, or scowl at the snow packed round your car. Just claim the wisdom of the seasons... now that said, this would be an entire blog post on its own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment