Tuesday 25 December 2012

Puzzle Fallen



“Beads of sweat on my face, sun blazing, I felt hot tears begin to issue forth to cool my soul”

I have felt disjointed since I came home from my beautiful time with my daughters on Christmas day. I am a lovingly crafted puzzle that has fallen to the floor, scattered, some of the picture still together, the rest of me of me scattered on the floor. I felt the heat of tears arise, they flowed, as they flow as I write. Thomas Moore said “It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed” I am seeing this so well. 

I could feel the crunch of the sand beneath my feet, sweat pooling, tears pouring all to cool my soul. And I still feel a madness in my bones, and I think that more of Thomas Moores’ words apply to my way of being in this world.

“And the heart that is soonest awake to the flowers
Is always the first to be touched by the thorns.”
― Thomas Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment