Friday 25 January 2013

Rooted Blessings


Rooted blessings tapped my shoulder, slow bending Candlewood tree wrapping her love round me.

I walked the thickets of the Milkwood and Candlewood trees today. Was blessed beyond words at the flowers that I saw for the first time ever. I stooped to enter the low hugging trees – Oh, I know as sure as my breath that Great Spirit breathes into me through all I see. This shaded place, lichens, moss, damp earth. A place where I felt no foot had been before. I am in love, with the Land… I felt the same deep ecstasy as I feel in meditation. I am carrying that visceral feeling of blessings, love, bliss. I can barely describe the awe I feel of all around me. Oh Gaia, I am in love with you.

“Is there a spiritual geography, are there certain places upon the earth which are more or less attuned to certain modes of consciousness? And if so, do such qualities belong to the earth itself, to certain qualities of light, or sound, or scent or rock formation?…or do people of a certain cast of mind impart to the land their own qualities?” Kathleen Raine, The Lion’s Mouth

I walk the Holy Land everyday…

No comments:

Post a Comment