Tuesday 15 January 2013

Heart Wide


“Something bigger than my heartbeat has been felt”

I was doing some really normal, boring editing fixes on my writing that I do for the Corporate Education Industry…when I felt an inexplicable feeling that did not match the usual grumpiness when I have to do this. It was a sense of butterflies in my stomach… I stopped to listen to my body. My psychical form, this place that houses ME, is a finely tuned thing. I know her well, in fact I know her better now than before. I believe in listening to this radar, this vibrational temple that I have chosen to live in while here. I deeply honour her, I love her.

I sat still, looked out – I felt the source of the butterflies. Deep, slow, coursing. I recognised the sound… I was sitting in my couch yesterday, was startled by the hum…steady, steady.

I have goosebumps now just recognising – my heart – its wide open – wide, spinning.

I don’t know what has caused this today. Is it the thought that I had this morning about people I have worked with? They are good people, but our vibration differences are worlds apart, and it’s ok, we both are living the perfect life. I recognised the goodness despite huge differences in belief and lifestyle. I felt good just seeing the simplicity…

A piece of text from Pema Chodron came to mind –
“If we were to ask the Buddha, "What is bodhichitta?" he might tell us that this word is easier to understand than to translate. He might encourage us to seek out ways to find its meaning in our own lives. He might tantalize us by adding that it is only bodhichitta that heals, that bodhichitta is capable of transforming the hardest of hearts and the most prejudiced and fearful minds.  Chitta means "mind" and also "heart" or "attitude." Bodhi means "awake," "enlightened," or "completely open." Sometimes the completely open heart and mind of bodhichitta is called the soft spot, a place as vulnerable and tender as an open wound. It is equated, in part, with our ability to love. Even the cruelest people have this soft spot. Even the most vicious animals love their offspring. As Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche put it, "Everybody loves something, even if it's only tortillas!"”


Today I will simply enjoy this feeling… and I send it out to each of you who read this too, embrace that soft spot - Namaste Shining Ones. 
(Dearest Diego who accompany's me with his friend Pepper Anne on my  many walks)

No comments:

Post a Comment