Saturday 5 January 2013

Sunspot Snake


“I flew into the sunlight, hot on the sand, sunspots in my eyes”

A friend of mine shared that 2013 is the year of the snake. I had a long cackle (yes cackle, am feeling a little mad) I have had so many analogies of late that spoke to this being. So in celebration and needing to be outside to reconnect I sat on the hot sand dunes outside my gate… the guineafowls nervously peeking out from the bush behind me. Perhaps they saw me morph as I meditated into the heat, and became…

I sank and sifted into the granules, felt sinuous, supple, strong and oh close to the earth. Hot dust smell, hot plants releasing moisture…the thought of the plants releasing had me lifting in spiral into the air…image of a trail of dust and moisture, twirled, infinity symbol, doubled…it’s good to be twisted that way…

I am back at my desk now. My back feels loose and I feel so lithe, some dancing next I think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment