Tuesday 1 January 2013

Step into your skin


“Sitting taller as the woman I AM, the little girl who is me stepped back to take her place that has always been there for her”

I have been trying to articulate the shift that has been creeping on me. In order to understand something when it moves in me, I think in a story line. How would I tell this to myself? Then how would I explain this to another?

Sitting on the log that has washed from some forest and after just staring at the waves – a meditation on its own, I realised that I am stepping into the adult me, the Woman.

I know for sure that I have had the little girl who did not have tools to face fears has been in charge of my life 70% of the time. Always coming from a place of fear, uncertainty, fear of abandonment amongst the many limiting beliefs... I faced this head on last year. A Brandon Bays journey has dislodged something. I have all the tools I need to take care of me, I Am, I am powerful with heart.

In a ceremony there and then – I took that little girl on my lap. Held her close, smelt her sweaty curls and weeping body and said to her.

“Tass, you live in me in the wild way, your appreciation for this world with new wide eyes will never ever leave me. This part that is me now values you so very much, you make me the Woman; awaken to newness everyday. I now release you to go and play – go get dirty, climb trees and be free. It’s time for me to be the one who makes the decisions. I love you, I love you”

Step into your skin my dearest’s, step into being the wild ones who can with gentle power – back a little straighter, hat at a rakish angle. And go, go out and live fully embracing your maturity and the little girl will always be there. Release her to her rightful place. Its potent... 

No comments:

Post a Comment